Monday, October 25, 2010

Gatorland

One of my favorite places to visit every time I'm in Orlando, Florida is Gatorland.
I first went to Gatorland in the early 1990's and fell in love with the place. On my most recent trip in August I had the pleasure of adding to my Gatorland memories.

If you've never been to Gatorland then you're in for a unique experience! As soon as you walk through the gates you become surrounded by alligators, crocodiles turtles and other wildlife.
The reptiles are so close to you but far enough away for safety. Besides being able to walk around the grounds viewing the reptiles they also have a feeding show, a gator wrestling show and opportunities for the general public to feed them.
As I mentioned before, Gatorland has other wildlife animals on their property. Beautiful birds are spread out all over their property and have no problem being close to people. They're a great bonus to the alligators. The scenery is also wonderful.
Not only was Gatorland a fun place to spend the day, it was filled with friendly and helpful employees that made this day of travel a memorable one. Not traveling with family or friends? Who cares... you can have a great time here alone!

Gatorland is open daily 9:00am-5:00pm and is located on Highway 441 just North of Orlando.

5 comments:

krystal said...

LOL I love that Gatorland is your favorite! It's such cheesy fun though, it's kind of hard to ignore it. :)

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Maybe one day I'll make it there! :) Gators aren't really my thing...lol ;)

Erica said...

i will go there one day! i love gators!

Unknown said...

I'm heading to FL in March for work and would love to check out Gatorland. I'll have to make some time to see it!

LindseyEveryday said...

I live in NC near the coast and there are Gators here.. crocs or gators who knows.. I didnt' think they would be here but I was crossing a bridge one day and no joke there was at least a 10ft gator sunning itself. There are signs near the water in some places warning people not to take their dogs off of the leashes.. crazy!